Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 5

I woke up this morning with no headache, and feeling so much better than I felt yesterday... and I was relieved.  Last night I went to bed trusting in Psalm 30:5, which states that the sorrow may last for a night, but joy comes with the morning.  I was so touched by all of the encouragement that poured in for me last night and earlier today.  It helped, and it made me stronger - so I thank you!

Today was the usual routine.  I had some therapies (a.k.a. time with machines), and then my appointment with Dr. Jowdy.  We learned a lot about my digestive issues today, and the wreckage that Lyme has put my hormones into.  And now I have remedies that will help with that.  The all over pain that I was used to living with was gone again, and we both agree that I am making good progress.

Then it was time for Bella's appointment with Dr. Jernigan, and boy is she doing fabulously.  She is progressing so swiftly, and we are all very impressed!  She has virtually none of the symptoms she came here with, and she's a normal kid now. We are no longer concerned with her jugular veins or her brain.  Except for a little pain in one of her knees which she mentioned tonight, she's doing just dandy :)
I took this great picture of the two of them today.  She really loves him, and so do we.

Which brings me to my miracle.  Bella's treatment went so well today that she was done with her appointment early.  During this time Dr. Jernigan was asking me how I was doing.  I proceeded to tell him how my week was going and that my only complaint at the time was that my legs were hurting.  My knees weren't flaring - as usual, but my legs were hurting, all over, like they usually do.  He asked what kind of pain they were, and I told him 7/10.  So then he asked if I'd like to jump up on the table - if I minded.  Well of course, I was happy to let him have at it, so I got on his treatment table.  He began to examine me and found that I had many energy blockages at the top of my legs - right where they meet the torso.  He then frequency tested the remedies that cleared the blockages, and I took quite a few things (some were yucky) right there on the spot.  He tested me again, and asked me about my pain.  Amazingly, it had been cut in half.  Then he did something else - and discovered that there were some emotional blockages that were causing interruptions in that circuit.  Again, more remedies to clear those bad frequencies -  and it this point it's all a blur.  He asked me about the pain again.
AND IT WAS GONE.
I threw my hands up to my face because I was so overcome with emotion.  I could hardly speak.  I squeaked out the words, "it's gone."  And cried with joy.  I have had constant knee pain since high school.  And my legs have been in agony almost daily for over 3 years.  And now they were healed.
He told me to take a walk and try out my new legs.  I felt like I was walking on clouds.  Like I weighed less. It was weird.  They were almost rubbery.  I laughed and cried and was overcome by this miracle.  And my husband and daughter were right there to see it.  

So tonight I own this... and I am constantly needing to remind my heart that my legs are healed.  I am feeding my soul help for my hope by reading Jesus Today, by Sarah Young, who wrote it during her own struggle with Lyme Disease.  And I will be going back to read Everyday Miracles by God's Design by Dr. Jernigan.  As we were leaving the office, Dr. Jernigan didn't fail to give God the glory for what had happened.  He said, "God is Great!"  We love that.  And we think so, too.

So the first week has come to an end, and I am tired tonight.  Healing can be exhausting!  So I will sleep sweetly tonight, even though Keith will leave us to head for home in the morning.  I am happy that Mia and Luca will get their daddy back for next week, but I know they will miss Nonna and Pappy being around.

This weekend Bella and I will rest, but I'm thinking a trip to the zoo is in order - and maybe a mother-daughter pedicure ;)

Thanks for checking in... God is good - all the time.



1 comment:

Christy said...

Hello! Cassandra Mocabee is a friend of mine and she shared your blog with me. I have also been diagnosed with Lyme disease and have been on antibiotics for almost a year. I also fear at least 1 of my kiddos might have it but havent got him tested yet. I couldnt stop reading your blog and i also checked out Hansa's website. I am very intrigued and cant wait to keep following your story about you and your daughter's healing.

Christy Heth