Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 2

First of all, I have to say how humbled and blessed I feel to keep reading all of the well-wishes for us on Facebook.  Your prayers are such a blessing and comfort to us.  We can feel them and we know they are being heard and answered.  It really means so much to have such an outpouring of support from friends and family, and we are SO grateful.  The love we feel is overwhelming.

This morning I was anxious to get to my appointment with Dr. Jowdy, because I knew that he was going to begin some corrective interventions.  I can't place enough emphasis on the fact that this place is wonderful because it puts the patient in an environment that is totally conducive to healing.  The therapies are meant to allow the body to detoxify, which helps the healing take place.  But the real "meat" of what goes on each day is during your hour appointment with the doctor.  I wish I could somehow explain how and what he does - but I can't.  My expertise is anesthesia - his is in optimizing the body to allow healing through natural means in the way God designed it.  Having not been trained in what he does, I am truly at a loss as to how to explain it.  But what I can say, is that it is nothing short of amazing to see how he tests for dysfunction in the body using energy frequencies, and then can "reset" pathways, circuits, etc. and see IMMEDIATE results from his interventions.  Bella had the same wonderful experience today, as Keith watched and was completely convinced of Dr. Jernigan's methods.
Experiencing this is proof that mainstream medicine's approach to chasing a pathogen which can never be totally eradicated in the body is useless.  The drugs that I have been taking for the past 3 years have not only failed to kill the Lyme, but they have caused much damage to my body in the process.  I am so thankful that God has answered my prayers by leading me to this place, and using a man who has dedicated his life (Dr. Jernigan) to being used by God to help heal others.

For anyone suffering from Lyme or any other chronic illness such as Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, MS, Lupus, etc. - I highly recommend reading Dr. Jernigan's book, Beating Lyme Disease: Living the Good Life in Spite of Lyme - and checking out this blog: http://www.beatinglymedisease.blogspot.com/

So, I go to bed tonight feeling SO much better than I did last night.  But my real encouragement came when I met a man at the clinic today named Steve, who used to be a dentist (so we had a lot to talk about!).  Steve told me that he had been so sick with Lyme before he came to Hansa last week (this is his 2nd week), that he had been bedridden for the past three months.  He had to go from the bed to the car to get on the plane to get here, and the flight had been torture for him.
Well you never would have known that if you had just met Steve today.  He was walking around the clinic with pep in his step.  He was smiling and talking to everyone he encountered.  Steve was so full of joy from the healing that was taking place in his body that he just exuded peace and light.  Again, I was amazed that this kind of progress could be possible in such a short period of time.
But I guess I should probably be done with being amazed and now just switch over to being thankful.  And that's what I am.  I am thankful that I am here - so much to the point of tears if I really let myself think about my journey and how it was that I got here.  I am thankful that we no longer feel that the only way we can save Bella from a life of pain and neurological deficits is to pump her body full of damaging antibiotics that will end up failing her in the long run.
I am thankful that my husband is here.  And that he is 100% supportive of what we're doing and how we are doing it.  I am thankful that even though I am not the same person he married, he still loves me more than his own life.  His support is something that has been constant when I'm sure others would have fallen away.  Living with someone with a chronic illness cannot be easy.  And right about now he probably deserves some kind of medal.

I am also thankful that I've been able to keep in contact with my other two babies who are in the excellent care of my parents.  They are doing well, and are happy to be with Nonna and Pappy, and that makes my heart so glad.
I am blessed beyond measure... I don't know any other way to put it.

No comments: