Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Day 3

Today was another great day at the Hansa Center.  After my appointment with Dr. Jowdy, I kept thinking that it would be so great if every doctor treated their patients the way these two doctors do.  If every doctor were trained to work with the body to help it heal itself rather than writing a prescription to treat a symptom, we wouldn't be so sick.  It's sad to me that this has happened to our medical system.  But it makes me appreciate so much more the dedication these two men have to helping people heal.  They don't claim to treat any disease.  They do, however, help the body achieve optimum health, regardless of what it is dealing with. This place makes me wish that I had been trained in this type of Biological Medicine.  I am truly inspired to try to help others heal - and even if it's only through this blog, then that will have to do - for now :)

Both yesterday and today, Bella and I spent some time in the Infrared Sauna.
I've been learning how devastating a low body temperature can be.  For every 1 degree (Celsius) decrease in body temperature, immune function decreases by 36%.  I had to chart my body temperature for 20 days before coming to the center, and was typically running between 96.6 and 97.2 degrees F.  So basically, my body was a great place for disease to live. The infrared sauna helps to raise the core body temperature, raise the metabolic rate, as well as facilitate dotoxification.  Bella was a champ and was able to stay in for all but 5 minutes today.  We did have to play several rounds of concentration for her to make it, but she hung in there pretty well!

We are also getting to know the people who work at Hansa much better, and we think they are amazing.  Bella is well-loved there, and told me today that she never wanted to leave!  She loves Dr. Jernigan, and is growing a special place in her heart for Diana (a.k.a. Mama Hansa, as one of my fellow patients lovingly named her today) who runs around the place making sure that everyone is well taken care of. She truly is a gem of a person and makes every patient feel special - who wouldn't love to be around her all day?

As far as how we're feeling, I have seen a big change in Bella.  She hasn't had one headache since Monday.  She has much more energy, and the fear that seemed to control her has fallen away.  It's amazing what can happen when you don't feel sick any more.  Having been born with this, I don't know if she's ever truly realized what feeling normal is.  It is obvious that she feels better, and that makes me so happy.
Today was better for me than yesterday, which is another victory for me.  I've been able to go longer through the day without pain, and my energy level has definitely increased.  I still have a way to go, but the improvements are obvious, and we are continually encouraged by our progress. (And it's only day 3!!)

Meanwhile, back in Virginia...

Today, my mom and dad went to the FCS lower campus to watch Luca and Mia in the Boosterthon Fun Run to raise money for our beloved school.  How dedicated are they?  Check out these pictures from the run...

 
Check out Mia's determination!

 
Luca and his buddies.

 
Run, Mia, Run!

 
Luca and my mom (Nonna)

 
Mia and Nonna

 
Luca and my dad (Pappy)

We sure miss these guys, but we are so happy that they are doing well at home with my parents.  

So with that, I will try to sleep - in spite of someone above our room who likes to stomp around their room in the late hours of the evening.  Thanks for checking in!


1 comment:

amie todayis-amie.blogspot.com said...

This is just so amazing to read! I'm so happy for you guys!