Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 1

So I thought I was too tired to blog, but I'm afraid some of the events of the day will leave my brain before I can write them down, so I'm going to give it a go. Forgive me if this post is scattered - that's the way my brain works sometimes. But I expect that to get better, too!

So this was the first thing I saw when I sat down in the waiting room.  And I was so down with what it said! On the plane over here, I read the book (cover to cover - I couldn't put it down) - Everyday Miracles by God's Design by Dr. David Jernigan.  I was amazed by what this man has accomplished and completely inspired by this book.  If a book can change a person as quickly as it changed me, I was super excited to actually meet the man who wrote it.  
So this morning I began the day with a CRT test, which measured the temperature of 200 + points on my body, and then measured them again after 10 minutes of exposing my body to a lower temperature (stress).  This gives the docs a great picture of how my organs are working and responding to stress. (Much better than an x-ray, which only gives a picture of what a part of the body looks like.)
Next I got to meet my doctor, Dr. Jowdy, and I really, really liked him.  He listened, asked questions, explained, and kind of knew what was going on in my body before I could even put it into words. Next, he went through my CRT test with me, which was very revealing.  It showed on paper the dysfunctions in my body that were evident through the symptoms I've been having.  My 2 main issues were my heart and brain, which have been affected the most by the Lyme bacteria.  However, he inspired great trust and confidence with Keith and me, and after the hour I spent with him, I was very excited about having some therapies and starting this process!
The first thing that I was blessed with was a massage!  It was an hour long, and different from other massages I've had.  Keep in mind that I hurt - pretty much everywhere, so I wasn't very thrilled at the thought of a massage on my already sore muscles.  And although it did trigger some pain (but not much), my therapist also worked on my lymph drainage, and was stimulating the flow of toxins from my body.
Next I had a sort of light therapy (it's hard to explain exactly how it works) that was focused, in my case, on my liver and heart.  I had headphones on that inspired meditation through sound, and I have to say, that I was put into a state of relaxation that I believe I have never known.  
After that I had a rife and lymphatic drainage treatment with the st-8 machine which is designed to liquify solidified lymph and allow it to flow properly through the body's lymph system.  Finally, I had an ionic cleanse foot bath, and was came out of my body from that was nothing short of shocking.  Let's just say that I am glad I got rid of all of that junk!


Gross, right?  This is my feet in regular water, with an ionic current running through it.  That is all.
I did nothing but allow all of this junk come out of my body through my feet.  So I guess the therapies of the day stirred up some toxins that had to go.  I think I need to do this every day.

As far as Bella is concerned, she started the day with a CRT test herself, and then by meeting her doctor, Dr. Jernigan himself.  And I must say that being in the same room with him is remarkable.  He was so kind, yet strong.  And tall!  And exudes a Christ-likeness about him that is so comforting.  Bella loved him, and you could see the fear leaving her body as he spoke with her.  Bella's main concerns are infection with Borrelia, Babesia, and thirdly, Erlichia (the last 2 are Lyme-coinfections).  This made me sad to hear.  She also has some congestion in her jugular veins which does not allow the blood to flow from her brain properly. However, we were reassured by Dr. Jernigan that if he could test it, we could correct it.  
She then had some therapies herself, which concentrated on lymph drainage and light therapy focused on her jugular veins in her neck.
Keith remained with Bella the entire day, and as an allopathically trained physician, he was truly impressed by these doctors and their methods.  This inspired me.  It really means so much to me to have the support of my physician husband as we follow this path to healing.

So today was good.  We are invigorated, yet tired, and excited for what tomorrow holds.

However, tomorrow is set to hold some crazy weather - snow, in fact.  That is not particularly exciting for us!
So with that, I am going to sleep.  Speaking of sleep, Bella went fast asleep tonight without the help of ANY of the sleep meds she has had to take for the past 2 years.  And THAT is encouraging :)

1 comment:

Jaime said...

This made me cry. I'm so glad you found this place! I love you guys ~ Jaime