Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wednesday

Well it's Wednesday night, which means that we are more than halfway done with our week here, which, of course, makes me sad.  I have to admit that a part of me really wishes that our family could just pack up and move out here so that we could be closer to this amazing place. We just can't say enough about the wonderful doctors and caring people.  Please know that so much more happens here than I can blog about, and these people have helped my family - Keith included - in amazing ways.  They have truly blessed us, and we are constantly in awe of the way the Lord has worked in our lives through them.  


But since we don't have any immediate plans to relocate to Kansas, we will just have to keep coming back when we are in need of care, and we will be happy to do it!

Today, Luca and I began a new therapy involving what is called the "Life Vessel." In the Life Vessel, frequency, vibration, sound and light waves are non-invasively applied to the human body in a resonant frequency chamber, resulting in the body being able to perform its innate natural ability to heal itself.  
Our doctors felt that this would be a great way for us to help balance out the sympathetic hyperactivity that is present in both of our bodies.  Although I wasn't very excited in lying still for an hour in what looks kind of like a coffin, I am all about getting my heart settled down. I did worry more about Luca being able to stay in there without breaking out!  However, he managed to get through it, and even though I am told he got pretty fidgety near the end, I am really proud of him for sticking in out.  
For me, the fidgety part was in the beginning.  I really dreaded going in there.  I don't know if I was afraid of what may come to the surface if I had to spend that much time with just myself and some sound waves, so I panicked a bit at the beginning.  I did manage to get settled down for most of the time in there, and now that I know what to expect, I am hopeful that the anxiety will fall away for the next time.  Tomorrow, we each will do TWO sessions, and if you'd like to pray for each of us to get through them smoothly, we'd really appreciate it :)  I really look forward to seeing the benefits of the therapy.  I am hopeful that by Friday, the results will be apparent.

During my appointment with Dr. Jowdy, I challenged him with some good old chiropractic work.  I am so thankful that this man is not only great at what he does with bioresonance scanning and testing the body, but he's an awesome chiropractor to boot!  If you know me, you know that I love to challenge myself physically - probably to a fault.  And since I was feeling so well up until a couple of weeks ago, I was working out pretty hard.  But when you work out they way your mind wants to, but your body isn't quite ready for, you get injured.  And that's what happened to me.  I have been having headaches for days now, and today I was completely bound up from my shoulder blades up.  I felt like a huge ball of tension.  To make a long story short, it took the entire hour appointment to get to the root of the problem, which happened to be my injury of the iliotibial band (ITB) in my right leg 10 days ago.  It's really cool how everything in the body is connected.  If he would have gone straight to trying to fix my head, he would have missed the fact that my pelvis was totally out of whack, which locked up my hip, restricting the movement.  That caused my entire body to be off balance, and ended up causing terrible tension all the way through the back of my neck into my head.  
I ended up walking out of his office feeling so much better - and again, thankful that this guy really knows what he is doing!  He has also been helping me with the injury to my shoulder which has been causing me serious pain and frustration for almost a year now.  And if I would only stop aggravating it, I'm sure it would heal, too.

Again, Bella is doing fantastic, Dr. Jernigan is running out of things to do with her!  She has still been having her detox and supportive therapies, and she really just loves being at Hansa.
And that was our day at the clinic.

Today we all also realized that we really miss our little princess, Mia.  We are thankful that my mom keeps sending us pictures of her - and she is always smiling and waving.  And when we talk to her on the phone, she barely has time for us, because she is too busy having a great time at Nonna and Pappy's house swimming, playing with my nieces, and being the center of everyone's attention.  
We are so at ease here, knowing that she is so happy there - but we still miss her.  Mia is such a sweetheart, and really brings light and laughter to everyone she comes in contact with - and we can't wait to squeeze her again!




No comments: