Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Tuesday!

Today at Hansa we each plugged through our different therapies that are designed to help us detoxify and heal from Lyme and other bacteria, viruses and environmental toxins that we have been exposed to.  

Here is Luca having the ST8 lymphatic drainage therapy.  Today's focus was his tonsils!  

Here is Bella having the Lux light therapy.  She was listening to her favorite little man teaching her how to meditate...


I also managed a selfie while I was on the lymph therapy :)

We were pleased to report to Dr. Jernigan today that Luca had no night sweats last night, so that was really quick progress!  It's amazing how fast the kids progress.  How awesome is it that they both will never have to grow up feeling sick all of the time, bound to taking harmful drugs, without an end in sight?   We think very.

As far as us adults, things do take a little longer - especially when an illness has had so much time to do damage to our bodies.  In addition, the drugs I had been put on in the past have also affected the way my body works, and not in a good way.  But I am hopeful that Dr. Jowdy and I will make significant progress in helping me with my greatest concern right now, which is my heart.  I have been dealing with arrhythmias for years, but in the past two weeks, some really scary things have been happening.  I even hooked myself up to my own monitor so that I could watch the rhythm in real time, and it was very interesting.  The rhythm did tell me that I still have some significant metabolic imbalances that need to be addressed, and therefore have landed at Hansa at precisely the right time.  
Also tying into the picture is that I had been placed on prednisone a few years ago when I was misdiagnosed with having Rheumatoid Arthritis (before my Lyme diagnosis).  The prednisone caused my adrenal glands to be suppressed from producing their own cortisol (the body's "stress" hormone), and now I have what is known as adrenal fatigue.  My adrenals have never recovered from that insult, and my goal now is to help them heal.  Once I am no longer dependent on taking cortisol in pill form to supplement what my body cannot make, my other hormones should fall into line much better, and my body will be able to handle stresses such as illness, physical activity, and everyday "stress" much better.
So that's the goal, and that's where we stand on day 2 :)

In other news, it was actually 106 degrees today - even at 7 pm.  Now that's hot.  Thank goodness for the good ol' Kansas wind that makes it a little more bearable!







No comments: