Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Day 8... Sovereign

Today we headed over early to the Hansa Center for Bella's CRT retest. I was not feeling well because I didn't sleep well last night. My legs were back to hurting, and I had a headache. Just walking in the door there made me feel a bit better, though. After Bella's test we both had our lymph therapy and the Lux - which happens to be my favorite.
The lux instrument targets parts of the body that may need help in adjusting energetics in order to heal or return to a more balanced state. The lamps actually hold gemstones and color filters. Specific combinations are prescribed for different conditions that the patient is dealing with. The gemstones are electronically excited by the lux while the lights are sending low voltage electronic pulses to the body. Electronic gemstone therapy has been noted to support the healing process of the body on many levels. Once the lights are applied to the surface of the body, changes occur on a deeper level activating the healing process in the tissues of the body.
Okay... now that that's out of the way - today I was having the "bliss" therapy, where the lamps were placed near the temples on each side of my head. In my headphones, I was prescribed "Holy Harmony" which is basically a chant of God's name (Yahweh) over and over with the sound of tuning forks. Anyway, it's my favorite, and I decided that today this leg thing was going away. I shut my mind off from anything else and prayed. I meditated, opened my hands and prayed in a way I never had (and I don't mean I begged for God to heal me - I meditated - I wanted to spend time intimately with our Father) for the 20+ minutes of the therapy. When it was finished, my day had been changed. I went from feeling awful to feeling pretty good, and the pain in my legs had decreased by half.
That was a victory. It also proved to me that my leg pain was defeatable. The the whole "energy" thing made sense, and that God had heard my prayer.

My day was a lot better after that...
Bella had her appointment with Dr. Jernigan and we reviewed her CRT test. He explained that it was pretty early to do another one, but he wanted to check out her progress. And she is improving as quickly as we expected! The blood flow to her brain has significantly improved, as we had hoped. We also saw that her digestion still needed some work, so she will be using some digestive enzymes to help process what she eats. We also saw changes in the function of her heart, suggesting an answer to her new found energy, and the fact that she is practically bouncing off the walls! Good stuff, though, really good stuff.
During her appointment, Dr. Jernigan and I talked a lot about energy medicine, and how it fascinated me. I was asking him about books to read, etc., because I wanted to learn more. During these conversations, though, I started pondering my leg pain again. And then my retained baby tooth popped into my head.
Weird, right?
I have 4 congenitally missing teeth. Three were wisdom teeth (yay), but one is a premolar, so my baby tooth never had a permanent tooth push it out. It's still there, but over the years, it's been kind of dying.
So I asked him if there was any way that tooth could be interrupting the circuit to my legs.
Lo and behold, we looked on his chart, and yep - the hips and knees, as well as spleen and other things are on the same circuit as that exact tooth. It's funny... Dr. Jernigan actually told me that he had a new idea for Dr. Jowdy to try, and that it was concerning my teeth, which before I would have laughed at, because I've never even had a cavity. But it was all making sense now.
So I was excited to get to my appointment with Dr. Jowdy, which was next. And I told him about the tooth.
So we worked on the tooth to try and open the interrupted circuit back up. He actually shocked it a few times and used an essential oil and laser on my cheek next to it. And it worked. The circuit was open, but this time, he never even touched my legs to correct it! I also had more color therapy - but this time, no drama with the red... thank goodness! So then I got up and walked around and my legs felt good again. They actually felt like gumby - all wobbly and unsteady, but there was not really any pain, and there still isn't. I will be anxious to see if it holds this time :) You can believe I'll be praying that it does.

So nearing the end of our victorious day at the clinic, Keith texted me during my foot bath to tell me the results of Luca's (our 7 year-old son) Lyme test. He was positive. He was actually CDC positive, which is undeniable in terms of this controversial disease.
This hurts, and it makes me sad and disappointed. But I am not surprised. We have actually been suspecting this, and the test was the conformation.
But we have hope. And I am thankful that God lead us to the Hansa Center, because the thought of having another child be subject to those rounds antibiotics with no end in sight would have been too much to bear.
But now we have hope, and we know that he, too, will be healed, and he will be a testimony of God's grace.
God is sovereign. And to quote my current favorite song, Sovereign, by Chris Tomlin ~

Sovereign in the mountain air
Sovereign on the ocean floor
With me in the calm
With me in the storm

Sovereign in my greatest joy
Sovereign in my deepest cry
With me in the dark
With me at the dawn

In your everlasting arms
All the pieces of my life
From beginning to the end
I can trust you

In your never failing love
You work everything for good
God whatever comes my way
I will trust you

God whatever comes my way
I will trust you

All my hopes
All I need
Held in your hands

All my life
All of me
Held in your hands

All my fears
All my dreams
Held in your hands

God Whatever comes my way
I will trust you.

No comments: