Thursday, May 02, 2013

Day 9 - (for Noah)

So I fully intended on taking the day off from blogging.  After all, it can be a little exhausting trying to recount everything that happened during our day, and then try and explain it all.  I completely appreciated Tressa taking the task of my hands today.
But then I got a text from my sister, saying that my nephew, Noah, was still anticipating ME posting something today.
So for you, Noah, my first (and only) nephew... I will give a short and sweet update :)

Not much new happened with Bella and me today.  We actually moved through our appointments quite quickly.
But some exciting things DID happen.  One of our fellow patients rang the WELL BELL!  It's a bell (a loud bell) at the front desk that patients ring at the end of their treatment declaring their wellness and freedom from whatever it was they were battling when they arrived.  We heard it a couple of times last Friday from some people who were finishing their two weeks.
But today was Thursday... and we were a little shocked to hear it!  But our friend had gotten well early, and she was able to actually leave a day earlier than expected.  Now that is awesome, and we are so happy for her (but we will miss you, Judy!)

In other news, Bella has a little friend at the clinic.  She actually met her, another 9-year-old girl overcoming Lyme, on Monday.  We were surprised to learn that they actually live in the same town, Encinitas, that we lived in San Diego!  They hit it off very well, and although they are kind of on two different time schedules, when they get to spend time together, it's pretty cute.
The awesome thing is, she is getting well - very well - just like Bella!  The rate at which these kids can heal is impressive.  Both had been on antibiotics previously, and neither got completely well with them.  This little girl is actually doing so well that she will leave THIS Friday, a full week earlier than planned.
I write this to encourage other parents with young children who are also sick.  You cannot be disappointed if you take your children here.  Please read the book, Everyday Miracles by God's Design by Dr. Jernigan.  After I read it, I couldn't get Bella here fast enough.  And I was not disappointed.  I have now seen both Dr. Jowdy and Dr. Jernigan interact with children here, and it truly warms the heart to see the compassion they have for them.
I trust them wholeheartedly with my children, and I encourage you that if you have children with issues that you just cannot define, or if they are about to be subjected to pharmaceutical treatment of symptoms rather than being allowed to heal completely, consider this place.

Anyway, like I said earlier, Bella and I finished a bit early today at the clinic, so we were able to do something extra rather than just having dinner at the hotel or out.  We were thankful that the sleeting had stopped and the sun had actually come out, so we went to dinner and had some tasty Italian (of course).  Bella loves having pedicures with me, so after dinner that's what we did - and I believe we spread a little light to the nail salon who stayed open just to be able to do it for us :)

This is how she rolls...

We surely have some sadness about tomorrow being our last day, but we are getting anxious to get home and see the rest of our family.  It will truly be a bittersweet goodbye tomorrow.  But I will leave that for tomorrow's post.

Thanks for checking in :)

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Thank you for doing that. He was so happy! We love you guys!!