Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Constant Gardener

This is one of our lemon trees. Keith loves to garden, so we're always planting something. We have a second crop of tomatoes that are growing like crazy! We can't wait for them, because we're just about done with the last ones. Besides lemons and tomatoes, we have oranges, pomegranates, guava, figs, apricots, peaches, apples, and cucumbers, and assorted hot peppers.
Speaking of fruit and such, I learned something interesting at church this weekend. John 15:2 says that the Lord cuts away the dead branches, but He also prunes the living, fruitful ones so that they may produce even more excellent fruit. Lately, I've been questioning why I spent more than half my life in school and training, now to be a stay-at-home mom. What I realized is that sometimes the living things that get pruned can be a great career, like I had. However, I am doing something much more fruitful now, which is raising my children up in the way they should go. I have much more assurance and contentment now, knowing I am exactly where God wants me to be.

No comments: