Monday, October 08, 2007

Pumpkins!





Today, we visited Stu Miller's Pumpkin Patch in Encinitas. The kids were glad to get out of the house - since Luca was diagnosed with the coxsackie virus (a.k.a. "hand, foot, and mouth disease"), we've been stuck at home. The little guy was miserable for a couple of days, but bounced back pretty quickly. Since it's so contagious (thanks, My Gym), we missed church this weekend - his pediatrician told me to keep him away from all kids. We did manage to go out to dinner for my 32nd birthday on the 6th, so it wasn't a total bust.
Since we drove by the Pumpkin Patch last week, Bella hasn't stopped talking about it. Keith was off today, so when she got up this morning, it was the first thing on her mind. It wasn't until we got there that I realized that it was Bella now that wasn't feeling very well. She had a runny nose and glassy eyes, and then I saw them. The dreaded sores on her tongue! AAHHH!
We cut our visit a bit short and when we got home (after driving through KFC for mashed potatoes for lunch) I realized that she had a pretty high fever. It was off to bed - without resistance - for a nap.
So, this virus really stinks. The kids don't want to eat anything because their mouth is so sore. I'm now all stocked up with Jello, Pudding, Yogurt, Ice Cream, and potatoes to mash for the next few days. No preschool, no My Gym, no small group, just homebound - again!
We did manage to grant Bella her pumpkin patch wish, though, and got some pretty cute pictures, too!

No comments: