Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Fire Map

http://www.sdcountyemergency.com/newsreleases/102320077_1800hrsA_Evac_FirePerem.pdf

The above is a link to the most recent fire map, released at 6 pm this evening. This is the best news we've had all day, because we live in the green- the re-opened area.

To us, this means that we are out of danger... that tonight, we can go to sleep and not have to get up to look out the window to make sure the orange glow hasn't crept any closer to us. It means that we can sleep, not having to worry that the phone may ring, telling us that we have to get out in the middle of the night. It means that I can now stop thinking about which posessions mean the most to me, and making sure I have them ready to go at a moment's notice. It means that now I can stop thinking, planning, thinking, wondering, thinking, and doing.
This means that the chaos is almost over - for us at least.
For me, the stress is subsiding, and I can start to breathe a little easier - thanks in part to the wind clearing our air!
But as I can now take the focus off of myself and my family, I am starting to grieve. I not only grieve for what we just went through - the not knowing - the wondering what would happen and where we would go if it did. I grieve for all those who just weren't as fortunate as we were. Those who will go back home, only to realize that their home isn't there. I grieve for the families in the stadium and evacuation centers... for the little kids who are still sleeping on floors and stadium seats with only the clothes on their backs. I grieve for those who have lost more than I could ever imagine.
Please pray with us for those who are still displaced, for those who have lost their homes, and for those still in the fire's path of destruction - for their comfort, courage, and strength to face what is to come.

1 comment:

Jill said...

God Bless You! I am so happy to hear that all is okay. We have been so worried. I kept checking the blog for updates. THANK GOD you are okay.

Keep posting in the days ahead. It makes me feel better to know you are out there and okay.

With Love,
Jill