Tuesday, March 03, 2009

We Made It!

This is what tired looks like.
Today was the first time I ever fish-tailed in an airplane. We finally took off from Philadelphia at 6 pm this evening. Despite watching the snow plows work on the runways all day, it was still covered in ice when we took off, causing the plane to swerve all over the runway just before we got into the air! A few palpitations later, we were safely above the clouds and said good-bye to all of the messy snow and hello to a 4 hour flight to San Juan.
We are now finally here - it's 1:30 am (we are 1 hour ahead of east coast time), and I'm ready to hit the sack! I'm also ready to wake up to some sunshine!
We also found out that Verizon Wireless doesn't have service here, so the entire trip will be cell-phone free! Thank goodness for e-mail... I can keep up with the kids that way. There won't be anymore pictures until we get back because I forgot the USB cord for the camera and my cell phone won't work, so I'll post in a few days!

No comments: