Friday, January 30, 2009

Post-Op Day 1

I just spoke with Jaime a few minutes ago. She said that Noah had a bit of a rough night. He pretty much had a constant fever - which actually was to be expected. The surgeon said that since the operation stirred up the infection, his next few days may be a little rough. He is hopeful that the chest tube will be able to come out on Sunday. We really don't know when Noah will be able to come home, but hopefully shortly after that.
Aside from the fever, Noah is naturally in pain and has some nausea. Please pray for his comfort during this expected rough patch.
Jason is at the hospital with Noah now, as Jaime was able to get away for a few hours to take a much needed shower. As you can imagine, she has had no real showers, no sleep and no appetite through all of this, so please pray for strength for her as well.
Keith, the kids and I will be leaving late this afternoon to go to Brownsville. We will finally be able to visit the little guy (just in time for his 8th birthday tomorrow), so we look forward to seeing him for ourselves!
My next post will be tomorrow. I will bring my camera so I can post some pictures!

No comments: