Friday, October 10, 2008

Moving right along....






















Well, I'm finally getting a minute to post on our blog. The past 2 weeks have been a whirlwind for our family, but we're settling down and taking a minute to breathe!
It all started last Saturday when our moving truck arrived with all of our things that have been in storage since May 23!
It was a long, hot day, but thanks to the Vesley Bros. crew (who we love, by the way), it all went pretty smoothly. We also had a huge furniture delivery scheduled so that Luca and Keith and I would have a bed to sleep on, but that didn't happen. Oh well... for that to be the only thing that went wrong, we consider ourselves blessed!
It was like Christmas for the kids when we started unpacking things. They hadn't seen their toys for 4 months, so they were very busy and excited.




















My parents and Aunt Lisa were here for 5 days to help with the unpacking and organizing... and I must say - they were GREAT. My dad also did some major projects here, which I will display as soon as I get things all pretty! He's awesome.
We got pretty much everything put away, which is unheard of in 5 days.


We also had a little 33rd birthday thing for me, because my birthday was on Oct. 6. I'm totally quitting counting.
























October 6 was not only my birthday, but also Bella's first day of preschool at Fredericksburg Christian. I can't believe that I just couldn't hold it together! I was a mess, but she did absolutely great. She loves her school as well as her excellent teacher, Mrs. Hoilman. We're so happy and relieved that she's happy!

Well, that about sums it up (the short, painless version, at least)!
We are finally here and extremely happy! We think our new neighborhood (which is mostly trees and big pieces of land) is great, and we are loving that Keith is so close to the office.
The kids can't get enough of riding their quads, digging and exploring in the big back yard. We think that we couldn't have picked a better place to call home!

3 comments:

Jill said...

send me the new address!!!!!!! I am so happy you are happy!

Mama P said...

Yea for you!! I am glad you are finally getting settled in your new home. Let me know when to send Georgia!
love and miss you
Karie

Unknown said...

Your kind words for Mrs. Hoilman reflect the kindness that we see in Bella. She is very blessed to have such a wonderful family. Thank you for bringing such a great attitude into the class. I have been blessed to meet Bella on a few occasions and look forward to seeing her on stage at the Christmas chapel.