Sunday, August 17, 2008

Hooray for Kennywood!




This weekend we decided that we've waited long enough this summer - it's time to take the kids to Kennywood! Keith and I had put it off all summer, because we just didn't want to brave the sweltering heat. This weekend was perfect timing. Although the lines were long (we went on a Saturday), it was certainly worth it. The weather was great - high of only 78!


Bella and I rode the Jack Rabbit (a traditional wooden roller coaster, for those of you who aren't Pittsburgers) first, and to my surprise, she really didn't like it! I thought that we'd be standing in that line at least 4 times this year because she loved it last year. She said that she thought she was going to fly out on the "double-dip!"

Luca was a blast this year, and loved pretty much everything he rode. Both of their favorites were the Whip and the Kangaroo (which just happened to be my favorites when I was a little kid!)


We spent most of the day in Kiddieland, which was okay for us - we really didn't go there to ride the Phantom's Revenge! I was mainly interested in Potato Patch fries and a funnel cake, which we did manage to fit in before we called it a day.


1 comment:

Jill said...

love Kennywood, love the house! So much going on!!!!!!!! Awesome!

Can I add you to my blogroll? Let me know if you mind! Jill