Monday, June 02, 2008

A New Beginning...


I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted something... well, actually I can. Considering everything our family has accomplished this past month, blogging was last on my "to do" list!
After 3 good years in Encinitas, CA we've packed up and moved back to the east coast!
Keith and I have been looking for a good opportunity to move our family back for a couple of years now. After much answered prayer, we've finally been able to do so!
We have purchased an oral surgery practice in beautiful Fredericksburg, VA (the closing was today, so now I can finally make it public!) Last weekend with the help of my parents who flew out to SD the week prior, we packed up our home, got the kids on a plane and left for good.
We were very excited to go back east, considering we never felt like we fit in on the "left coast." However, we were very sad to leave our friends, neighbors, Bella's super preschool, and especially our church.
For the summer, the kids and I will be staying with my parents while Keith gets the practice running. He already has a packed schedule and we are so blessed to have been given such a wonderful place to call our new home! Now a new house search begins as we begin to settle in here with most of our belongings in storage for the summer. The kids are loving it, though, being so close to their cousins and staying with Nonna and Pappy. They don't like being a 4 hour drive away from their daddy, though. That will change, soon, we pray!

2 comments:

Jill said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! We are SO happy you are closer... we need to make plans to meet sometime! Give me a call whenever!

Mama P said...

Unlike your east coast friends, we are sad about the move. There are a few of us out here on the west coast that are true west coasters and not "left coasters"